Our Hiring Process
Additional information to support your application to Foundation House
Thank you for your interest in joining Foundation House. To be considered for one of our open roles, you will need to submit your application via our online recruitment system.
For each of our positions, we ask you to upload a cover letter and resume.
The purpose of the cover letter is to highlight you and your resume. It should be brief (no more than two pages), addressed to the hiring manager and include:
- The position title of the role you are applying for.
- Your full name, email and contact number.
- Key reasons why you meet the selection criteria.
The role of your resume (also known as CV) is to provide a summary of your skills, abilities, and accomplishments. Your resume should include:
- Relevant work experience and any educational achievements that align to the position you’re applying for.
- Other information or community involvement that you feel will support your application.
In addition to uploading your documents, you will be asked to respond to a number of questions to support your application.
Assessment and Selection
All applications will be reviewed by the Hiring Manager however only those who meet the key selection criteria for the position will progress to interview.
The Interview – Primary Assessment Method
The interview will either be in-person or via a video link. Interviews will be conducted with a panel consisting of three members including the hiring manager plus other senior members with direct familiarity of the technical requirements of the position and trained in recruitment practices.
In some cases, a second or subsequent interview may be needed.
For some roles, the applicant will be required to participate in a task/case study/presentation which will be provided prior to the scheduled interview. For Counsellor Advocate and other Direct Services roles, it is recommended you review our therapeutic model prior to the interview, which can be found here.
Reference checks will be undertaken by the hiring manager. You will be required to provide at least two recent references including an immediate line manager that you worked with. All reference checks will be conducted in accordance with Foundation House ‘Reference Checking Guide’
Pre-requisites includes, but are not limited to:
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- The right to live and work in Australia, visa verification
- Registrations & qualifications (as required for the position)
- Current Victorian drivers license
Foundation House operates from five sites across Melbourne with Head Office in Brunswick. Travel is required from time to time between sites.