Our group programs often take place in a setting local to participants to foster connections in their communities.
- Health services
- Housing services
- Legal services
- Other community support services
We are a child safe organisation with a strong commitment to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. Foundation House has zero tolerance of child abuse, which is reflected in our robust policies and procedures.
Foundation House values feedback on the services we provide. You can make a suggestion, give us a compliment or make a complaint in person, over the telephone, or in writing. All complaints are promptly and fairly investigated without prejudicing your access to services.
Foundation House offers a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Specialised counselling
- Individual and family support
- Group programs
- Complementary therapies such as traditional herbal medicine, massage and other natural therapies
Our services are:
Including access to professional interpreters
We keep your information private, as do the interpreters we use
You are free to stop using our services for any reason, at any time
We support your rights
Our work informs the community about the experiences of refugees
It is normal for people to have difficulties as a result of experiences of torture or other traumatic events prior to arrival in Australia, such as:
- Family problems
- Little interest in daily life
- Not wanting to be around other people
- Problems with thinking, concentration and learning
- Feeling sad, nervous or angry in many situations
- Thoughts and memories that worry you
- Sleep problems
If this is your experience, Foundation House can help you.
How to access Foundation House Services
- Phone us on (03) 9389 8900, visit one of our offices or make a referral via our website
With your permission, another person such as a doctor, social worker, teacher, family member or friend may contact us on your behalf
- If you phone or visit, our receptionist will take your name and telephone number and ask if you need an interpreter
- A Foundation House worker will contact you within five working days
Our head office is in Brunswick, our client-based services are located in:
Foundation House also provides services in partnership with other agencies in rural and regional Victoria and there are places where people of refugee background can be referred for counselling, these are usually community health centres. Foundation House maintains a program of capacity building, professional learning and secondary consultation with these services throughout Victoria.
For more information please contact our Program Leader Rural and Regional Services, Donna Chesters on (03) 9389 8981 or at email@example.com or call Head Office on (03) 9389 8900.
- Client Services brochure – English (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Arabic (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Burmese (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Chin Hakha (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Dari (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Dinka (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Karen (S’gaw) (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Persian (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Swahili (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Tamil (PDF)
- Client Services brochure – Tigrinya (PDF)