- Specialised individual and/or family counselling
- Psycho-education and information
- Access to complementary therapies
- Facilitated referrals, case management, secondary consultation, and co-joint work with other services
- Client advocacy
- Links to group programs or community capacity building programs
We work together with individuals and families to help them to reduce symptoms and emotional distress, build coping skills and develop problem-solving strategies.
Often the needs of other family members are identified in the course of providing treatment and these family members may be linked to our services.
- Health services
- Housing services
- Legal services
- Other community support services
Our group programs often take place in a setting local to participants to foster connections in their communities.
Our approach is trauma-informed, strengths-based, participatory, flexible to community needs, and seeks to empower individuals and increase a community’s sense of belonging through:
- Community advisory groups
- Community-based psycho-education
- Community engagement and networking
- Community advice and consultation
- Partnerships with service providers and community
- Therapeutic group work
- Recording community stories (testimonials)
- Child care
- Parental and child health services
Our work with schools includes:
- Participating in the Refugee Education Support Program (RESP)
- Building partnerships on school-led initiatives and priorities
- Professional learning workshops in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria
- Mentoring and secondary consultations
- Provision of school-wide resources
- Sleep difficulties
- Gastro-intestinal upset
- Poor concentration
- Localised or diverse body pain
- Nutritional imbalances
Our Complementary or Natural Therapies program takes a holistic and cross-cultural approach to facilitate and promote the mind-body healing process, including:
- Naturopathy and herbal (or ‘plant’ medicine)
- Nutritional and dietary support
- Massage therapy
- Movement therapies
Our Complementary Therapies team works in conjunction with our specialist trauma counselling services.
Our approach is often culturally familiar and meaningful to clients who come from backgrounds with a strong tradition of herbal or ‘plant’ medicine, and/or physical bodywork such as yoga or massage.