Publications & Resources
Foundation House produces a range of publications and resources that aim to share our expertise and advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people from refugee backgrounds who have experienced torture and trauma.
- Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model
- A Framework for Community Capacity Building
- Rebuilding Shattered Lives
- Annual Reports
- In Our Own Words: the 30th anniversary of the Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc.
- More Than Just Words: the 20th anniversary of the Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc.
- The Early Childhood Access and Participation Project: talking with Chin families from Burma about early childhood services
- Raising Children in Australia: a resource kit for early childhood services working with parents from African backgrounds
- School is Where You Need to be Equal and Learn: insights from students of refugee backgrounds on learning and engagement in Victorian secondary schools
- School’s In for Refugees: a whole-school approach to supporting students and families of refugee backgrounds (2nd ed)
- Schools and Families in Partnership: A desktop guide to engaging families from refugee backgrounds in their child’s learning
- Educating Children from Refugee Backgrounds: a partnership between schools and parents
- Talk’s In: families of refugee backgrounds and schools in dialogue
- The Rainbow Program for Children in Refugee Families: a collaborative, school-based program to support refugee children and their families
- HealthWize: health literacy teaching resource for refugee and other ESL students
- Taking Action: human rights and refugee issues teaching resource
- Klassroom Kaleidoscope: a program to facilitate connectedness and wellbeing in the culturally diverse classroom
- The Education Needs of Young Refugees in Victoria
- Australian Refugee Health Practice Guide
- A Guide to Working with Young People who are Refugees: strategies for providing individual counselling and group work
- Young People from Refugee Backgrounds Talk About Their Experiences of Mental Health Services: guidance for practitioners
- Having a Baby in a New Country: the views and experiences of Afghan families and stakeholders