We recognise that schools are a natural context for supporting trauma recovery because safety and inclusion, connections and belonging, meaning and a sense of future are built into the purpose of Victorian schools.
Our Schools Support Program empowers all school staff to create supportive policies, procedures and practices across the whole-school addressing six areas of action:
- Teaching and learning
- School climate
- Professional leadership
Our work with schools includes:
- Participating in the Refugee Education Support Program (RESP)
- Building partnerships with schools on school-led initiatives and priorities
- Facilitating and sharing of strategies and practices across schools
- Delivering professional learning workshops to school staff
- Mentoring and secondary consultations
- Providing School’s In for Refugees professional learning resources
Frameworks underpinning our Schools Support Program include:
- Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model
- Framework for Improving Student Outcomes: Continua of Practice (via Victoria State Government Department of Education and Training).
- Australian Student Wellbeing Framework (via Australian Government Department of Education and Training).