School's In for Refugees
School’s In for Refugees is a comprehensive resource that assists schools to:
- Appreciate young refugees’ experiences
- Consider how refugee trauma impacts children’s and adolescents’ schooling
- Apply a whole-school approach to support students of refugee backgrounds
New online service coming soon
School’s In for Refugees is currently being developed as an interactive online service, which is expected to be launched in the coming months.
Subscribe to the Schools Support Program mailing list to be notified as soon as School’s In for Refugees is available.
Based on our Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model, School’s In for Refugees was produced in consultation with teachers and professionals in the community, health, family services and education sectors. It includes various resources to assist school-wide planning and change processes, such as:
- Background information concerning the refugee experience and the impact of trauma on learning, development and wellbeing
- Case studies
- Professional learning activities
- Templates and tools
Tailored professional learning experiences
Our Schools Support Program also provides tailored professional learning events which support schools to apply School’s In for Refugees across the whole-school. Contact us to request a tailored learning event.