Foundation House provides a range of specialist programs for young people from refugee backgrounds who have recently arrived in Australia, which have been developed in partnership with AMES Australia and the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY):
An education and settlement program, which aims to facilitate and support the social inclusion of recently arrived young people of refugee background aged 16–25.
A work-readiness program specifically for young people not currently engaged in education, training or employment.
Each program assists with recovery from trauma and settlement in Australia, and builds on the strengths of young participants, integrating their past and present experiences while supporting their future through:
- Access to, and engagement in education, training and employment
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Social connections and networks
Kudzanayi Chirenje (KC)
Ucan2 Program Coordinator
Stories & Reflections
- About Ucan2: Tha and Gillian (via Vimeo)
- Ucan2 work experience: Noor and Jayne (via Vimeo)
- Ucan2 mentoring: Biniyum and Michael (via Vimeo)